Customer's Own Material (COM) Procedures
Determine the Amount of Fabric Needed
Please contact our sales team to determine the amount of fabric yardage and material type you will need for your custom umbrella.
Cut and Label Your Fabric
Consider the pattern repeat or stripes when determining yardage requirements. If you place an order, a fabric requirement estimate will be shown on your invoice. Please only use this estimate as a guide for determining how much fabric to send. For COM fabric with stripes, please add an extra 15% more fabric and indicate which direction the stripe should run, vertically or horizontally.
Please send cut fabric only.
Send Us Your Fabric
Ship your fabric to:
Attn: COM Orders
3521 Wetumpka Hwy
Montgomery, AL 36110-2717
Important: Please attach a copy of your Umbrella Source invoice to the fabric when you send it. If you cannot send a copy of your invoice, please attach the following: your name, invoice number, your shipping address, phone number, and e-mail address.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much fabric should I send?
- It is best to call our sales team to determine how much fabric you will need for your umbrella. Please note that this will only be an estimate. Variables such as size, style, valance, wind vent, and fabric pattern are all important factors for determining the amount of fabric needed. If your fabric has a large repeat or stripes, or if you are providing umbrella trim, you will need to send more fabric than the estimate. Typically, we recommend an additional 15%. If the material quantity received is inadequate to complete the order, the order will be placed on hold until we receive an adequate amount of fabric to begin production. In this instance, you will be contacted by our sales team. Any leftover fabric will be discarded.
- How much does it cost to use my own material?
- For every order, there will be a one-time non-refundable fee of $25.00 for the handling of your material. We do not discount our umbrella price for using your own material. Your umbrella will be priced at our zero markup fabric cost.
- How should I ship my fabric?
- You will need to ship your material through any delivery service that provides a tracking number and proof of delivery. The customer will be responsible for the fabric until it is in our possession as evidenced by a signed tracking document.
- How long will my order take?
- Once we receive your material, your custom umbrella order will take up to 20 business days for completion. Once the order has been completed, your umbrella will be delivered within 5 business days, depending on your location.
COM fabrics must be readily available in the marketplace at competitive prices in the event Umbrella Source needs to replace the fabric due to loss or damage. We reserve the right to decline fabrics that we deem to be difficult or problematic for canopy construction. For example, we do not sew Textilene or sheer fabric. Umbrella Source's liability for lost, misplaced or damaged fabrics will not exceed $50.00 per yard. Proof of material purchase with pricing may be required.