Frequently Asked Questions
- What is your warranty?
- Warranties on our umbrella frames, stands, and accessories vary by product. Warranty details can be viewed under the specifications tab on the product page.
- Are your umbrellas made in the USA?
- The majority of our umbrellas and umbrella accessories are manufactured and assembled in America. You can view complete information on each product's specifications page.
- How do I order a logo umbrella?
- Our logo umbrellas can be ordered online or over the phone. The easiest way to order logo umbrellas is by phone. Call us at 800.278.4480 and we will lead you though the ordering process. We recommend reading our Logo Umbrella Buying Guide for further information.
- How do I send you my logo?
- After your order is placed, we will contact you within 3 business days to obtain your logo. Logos will need to be in a vectorized format (such as .ai or .eps files). Once we receive your logo, we will send you a free digital proof to approve before your logo umbrellas are printed. For more details on submitting a logo, check out our Logo Umbrella Buying Guide: The Ordering Process.
- How is my logo printed onto my umbrella?
- Our most popular logo printing is our heat-bonded printing. The logo is printed onto vinyl film which is then applied to the umbrella canopy fabric via heat-bonding. Our heat-bonded process allows for single or multicolor printing.
- Can I get my favorite sports team or product logo printed on my umbrella?
- Umbrella Source cannot print any logo that is branded, trademarked or copyright-protected onto any of our products, including umbrellas, without written consent from the owner of the logo. If you provide authorized permission to use the protected logo, we will be happy to assist you with your order.
- What are the diameters of the umbrella center poles? I want to be sure they will fit my bases/tables.
- Most of our umbrellas come with a 1.5" diameter pole. However, we do offer a selection of umbrellas with larger diameters, such as our 11' Wood Market Umbrella which has a 2" diameter. Specific pole diameters can be viewed at the description tab on the product page.
- Can you use my fabric to make my umbrella?
- Yes, we will be happy to use your material; however, there will be a surcharge applied to the order. Please be advised that we do not recommend using furniture-grade material for umbrellas as it will stretch over time. For more information on using your own material see our Customer's Own Material COM Procedures.
- Are your umbrellas rated for high winds?
- None of our standard market or patio umbrellas carry wind ratings. However, we do offer Skyspan umbrellas that are rated to 75MPH. Skyspan Umbrellas are heavy-duty shade structures with an aluminum frame and stationary, portable or rotating base options.
- What are the proper base weights for each umbrella size?
- The best rule to follow in determining the best umbrella base weight is to add 10 pounds of weight for every 1 foot of umbrella diameter. Be careful with bases for square umbrellas; the square umbrella size is usually larger than the advertised size. Also take into consideration your application. Will you be using the umbrellas with a table or will they be freestanding? Will your umbrella be in a windy area? How often will your umbrella be left unattended?
- What is the difference between a patio and a market umbrella?
- Patio umbrellas have a rounded top and typically do not have a wind vent. They also have a hanging valance around the border of the umbrella. Patio umbrellas are most often used in residential settings. Market umbrellas are flatter with a clean edge. They have a single wind vent that comes standard while some are offered with a double vent option. Market umbrellas are often used in commercial settings but are also great for home use.
- Will your replacement canopies fit the umbrella frame I bought somewhere else?
- We cannot guarantee a proper fit for third-party frames. Our replacement canopies are custom-made to order and only fit frames purchased from Umbrella Source.
- How much time will expediting my order take off of the standard production time?
- Expediting your order will cut production time in half.
- Do you ship internationally?
- We can ship internationally in many cases. Please call us at 800.278.4480 for more information on shipping locations. If you require shipment overseas, we can ship to a freight forwarder of your choice. The customer will be responsible for setting up and making all arrangements with the freight forwarder. Freight cost from the freight forwarder to the shipping address will not be included in the umbrella purchase.
- If I am unhappy with my umbrella, can I return it?
- All of our umbrellas are custom-made according to the specifications you have selected. Because our umbrellas are custom they cannot be returned. The only exception is with our Quick Ship Umbrellas. If a customer chooses to return a Quick Ship Umbrella, the customer must contact us within 24 hours and we will issue a RMA. There will be a 25% restocking fee. Original shipping charges are nonrefundable; the customer will be responsible for shipping charges back to our facility.
- If I receive a damaged umbrella, what should I do?
- If the order is shipped LTL, it is the customer's responsibility to inspect the order prior to signing and releasing the driver. If the order is shipped by standard delivery, the customer has 24 hours to contact us if any portion of the order is damaged. We will request photographs to determine the appropriate action.
- How can I set up an account with umbrellas shipped to multiple locations but billed to one central location?
- Umbrella Source handles many accounts of this nature through our Franchise Umbrella Program. Please call us at 800.278.4480 and we can easily set up a parent account that accepts the billing while shipping to any desired location.
Fabric warranties depend on the fabric selected. Sunbrella awning-grade fabric has a 10-year no-fade warranty. Outdura awning-grade fabric features a 6-year no-fade warranty. Both Sunbrella and Outdura awning fabric warranties do not cover normal wear and tear or mistreatment of the fabric.
We also offer inkjet printing. Our digital inkjet process is ideal for full-panel, topside canopy printing of any image.
For more information on our printing processes, view our Logo Umbrella Buying Guide: The Digital Imaging Process.
If your question has not been answered above, please email us or call 800.278.4480. We'll be more than happy to help you with any of your umbrella questions.